IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE STARTING
- An audition is required for all applicants applying to the Setnor School of Music.
- Regional auditions are not available for percussion or organ applicants.
All auditions are performed unaccompanied, with the exception of vocal auditions.
Accompaniment will be provided for voice applicants.
You must register for an audition slot whether you plan to audition in person or online. Once you have registered, you will receive details on completing the required audition forms online via Accept'd.
If audition dates are full, you may submit a video-recorded audition online through Accept'd.
Auditioning on multiple instruments
Applicants who plan to audition on multiple instruments should contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions at 315-443-2769.
You will not be able to register twice through the online portal, but we can manually add your additional instrument.
Register only once
All applicants should only register once online.
Any duplicate registrations on separate dates will be deleted.
Auxiliary and electric instruments
- Jazz/Commercial auditions are only accepted when applying to the following majors:
- B.A. in Music
- B.M. in Music Education
- B.M. in Music Industry
- B.M. in Sound Recording Technology
- Classical auditions are acceptable for applicants to any of the B.M. and B.A. majors offered in the Setnor School of Music.
You may not audition on auxiliary instruments such as piccolo, bass clarinet, English horn, etc.
Audition Day Schedules
Please review audition day schedules prior to completing registration.
More information about directions and parking will be available closer to each audition date. Please add email@example.com to your list trusted senders so all important information will land in your inbox!